Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oldschool...



Colossians 3:2 says that we should be seeking the things that are above, and what better way to do that than through music that is glorifying to God and filled with the Truth! Not only that, but hiding God's Word in our hearts is going to help us in our spiritual battles, because we'll already have the ammunition and weapons we need ready, and we'll have been training in how to use them (Psalm 119:9-16, Ephesians 6:13-17)...

Check out this album, it has a bunch of the great hymns of Christianity. I know for a long time I resented hymns, because in my immaturity I thought they were boring and and slow and basically useless to my life. But, through having some great worship leaders throughout the years, I have been so blessed to have these songs reintroduced into my life, along with some new hymns like "In Christ Alone" and "Power of the Cross". Even if you don't happen to like the particular sound of these songs, it would benefit your soul so much to look up the lyrics online and think through what the songs are saying-- I just can't get over how full of TRUTH hymns are!

No comments: