Saturday, August 1, 2009

Seasoned with Salt

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. (Ephesians 4:29)

Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:15-16)

I have always (I think) admired the sort of people that can easily and instantly turn a silly or frivolous conversation toward the things of God, and have always wanted to be able to do that. But it isn't easy, at least at first, to be that intentional and that focused… I know for me, it's easier when I am meditating on what I'm learning either from church, or from reading books, or studying God's Word, but sometimes it's still hard! So when I came across these great questions from a blog I follow, I thought I'd share them with everyone; they'll help me for sure!

Questions for Biblical Fellowship

(from http://www.girltalkhome.com/blog/hospitality-questions)
1. What is one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year and what are you doing to this end?
3. Who is one person you would like to spend time with asking questions about their relationship with the Lord?
4. What is one new way you could help strengthen the church?
5. What is one thing you could do to improve your prayer life?
6. What habit would you most like to establish this year?
7. Who do you most want to encourage this year?
8. What book, in addition to the Bible, do you most want to read this year?
9. In what area of your life do you most need growth and what will you do about it?
10. What one biblical doctrine do you most want to understand better this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow.these are good questions..thanks!
by the way love every blog you write..
... ur NUMBA ONE FAN! jkjk..ur favorite sister..one of them...Arissa:P